The Axiom Genotyping Solution is Affymetrix' newest product for genome-wide association studies (GWAS) and candidate gene association studies. It includes array plates with validated genomic content, complete reagent kits, data analysis tools, and a fully automated workflow utilizing the GeneTitan Multi-Channel Instrument.
Benefits of the Axiom Genotyping Solution
- Flexible content - optimize your studies with a diverse set of relevant and novel variants
- Fast results - process more than 750 samples per week on a single platform—the highest throughput in the industry
- More power - run more samples within your budget
- Greater confidence - generate reliable results with end-to-end automated sample processing and fully optimized reagent kits
- Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates, designed to maximize genomic coverage of common and novel SNP and indels in Caucasian, Asian, and African populations
- A proprietary database of validated genomic markers, including HapMap and content from the 1000 Genomes Project, that can be leveraged as part of a custom Axiom design process
- Axiom Reagent Kits for automated, parallel processing of 96 samples per plate—process between 192 and 768 samples per run
- A fully automated workflow with validated robotic methods for target preparation and array processing, based on the Beckman Biomek® FXP Target Prep Express System and the GeneTitan MC Instrument
- Genotyping Console Software (GTC) with a new Axiom Genotyping Algorithm v1 (Axiom GT1) for automated allele calling and quality assessment of called genotypes
The Axiom Genotyping Solution includes:
A streamlined assay
Total genomic DNA (200 ng) is amplified and randomly fragmented into 25 to 125 base pair (bp) fragments. These fragments are purified, re-suspended, and hybridized to Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates. Following hybridization, the bound target is washed under stringent conditions to remove non-specific background to minimize background noise caused by random ligation events. Each polymorphic nucleotide is queried via a multi-color ligation event carried out on the array surface. After ligation, the arrays are stained and imaged on the GeneTitan Multi-Channel Instrument.
Overview of the Axiom Genome-Wide Genotyping Assay
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Axiom Array Plates
|901591||Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates||Includes 1 96-array plates and required GeneTitan plastic consumables|
|901592||Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates||Includes 2 96-array plates and required GeneTitan plastic consumables|
|901596||Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates||Includes 8 96-array plates and required GeneTitan plastic consumables|
Axiom Reagent Kits
|901281||Axiom Reagent Kit*||Includes all reagents (except isopropanol) to process 96 gDNA samples
*Reagent kits do not include plastic consumables required to run the assay on the Beckman Biomek FXP Target Prep Express System. For a list of required Beckman consumables, please see the Axiom User Guide.
|A83103||Beckman Biomek® FXP Target Prep Express System||Robotic platform for automated target preparation|
|GeneTitan Multi-Channel (MC) Instrument||See product page for more information|
|Genotyping Console Software 4.0||See product page for more information|
|000740||Axiom Genotyping Services||Sample processing and data generation services for gDNA samples (minimum 1,000 samples) using the Axiom Genotyping Solution|
Quick Reference Cards
Material Safety Data Sheets
Alignment, Annotation, and Sequence Files
Current NetAffx Annotation Files
Note: NetAffx annotation files are intended for use in automated analysis. Some are not compatible with all spreadsheet applications. Please use the NetAffx Analysis Center to limit download data to your probe sets of interest. Annotation CSV files for the exon arrays are split into a probe set-level annotation file and a transcript cluster-level annotation file; exon array CSV files are compatible with ExACT.