The Axiom Genotyping Solution is Affymetrix' newest product for genome-wide association studies (GWAS) and candidate gene association studies. It includes array plates with validated genomic content, complete reagent kits, data analysis tools, and a fully automated workflow utilizing the GeneTitan Multi-Channel Instrument.
Benefits of the Axiom Genotyping Solution
- Flexible content - optimize your studies with a diverse set of relevant and novel variants
- Fast results - process more than 750 samples per week on a single platform—the highest throughput in the industry
- More power - run more samples within your budget
- Greater confidence - generate reliable results with end-to-end automated sample processing and fully optimized reagent kits
- Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates, designed to maximize genomic coverage of common and novel SNP and indels in Caucasian, Asian, and African populations
- A proprietary database of validated genomic markers, including HapMap and content from the 1000 Genomes Project, that can be leveraged as part of a custom Axiom design process
- Axiom Reagent Kits for automated, parallel processing of 96 samples per plate—process between 192 and 768 samples per run
- A fully automated workflow with validated robotic methods for target preparation and array processing, based on the Beckman Biomek® FXP Target Prep Express System and the GeneTitan MC Instrument
- Genotyping Console Software (GTC) with a new Axiom Genotyping Algorithm v1 (Axiom GT1) for automated allele calling and quality assessment of called genotypes
The Axiom Genotyping Solution includes:
A streamlined assay
Total genomic DNA (200 ng) is amplified and randomly fragmented into 25 to 125 base pair (bp) fragments. These fragments are purified, re-suspended, and hybridized to Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates. Following hybridization, the bound target is washed under stringent conditions to remove non-specific background to minimize background noise caused by random ligation events. Each polymorphic nucleotide is queried via a multi-color ligation event carried out on the array surface. After ligation, the arrays are stained and imaged on the GeneTitan Multi-Channel Instrument.
Overview of the Axiom Genome-Wide Genotyping Assay
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Axiom Array Plates
|901591||Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates||Includes 1 96-array plates and required GeneTitan plastic consumables|
|901592||Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates||Includes 2 96-array plates and required GeneTitan plastic consumables|
|901596||Axiom Genome-Wide Human Array Plates||Includes 8 96-array plates and required GeneTitan plastic consumables|
Axiom Reagent Kits
|901281||Axiom Reagent Kit*||Includes all reagents (except isopropanol) to process 96 gDNA samples
*Reagent kits do not include plastic consumables required to run the assay on the Beckman Biomek FXP Target Prep Express System. For a list of required Beckman consumables, please see the Axiom User Guide.
|A83103||Beckman Biomek® FXP Target Prep Express System||Robotic platform for automated target preparation|
|GeneTitan Multi-Channel (MC) Instrument||See product page for more information|
|Genotyping Console Software 4.0||See product page for more information|
|000740||Axiom Genotyping Services||Sample processing and data generation services for gDNA samples (minimum 1,000 samples) using the Axiom Genotyping Solution|