Listed below are resources to streamline your grant-writing process. If you have suggestions for additional resources, please let us know by using our feedback form.
The following information is provided for your research and reference only.
GeneChip® probe arrays enable scientists to attain their research goals—from identifying genetic variations associated with disease to discovering new drug targets. Using technologies adapted from the semiconductor industry, GeneChip® array manufacturing relies on photolithography and solid-phase chemistry to produce arrays with thousands of probes packed at extremely high densities.
GeneChip probe arrays are designed to maximize sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility, allowing consistent discrimination between specific and background signals, and between closely related target sequences.
Read more about:
- GeneChip® Technology
- Specificity of GeneChip Technology: Technical Note, Arrays Provide Optimal Sensitivity and Specificity for Microarray Expression Analysis (pdf, 82 KB)
- Review our Database of Scientific Publications that use or review GeneChip Technology
GeneChip arrays are applied in a wide variety of DNA and mRNA analyses. Recent analytical accomplishments include the elucidation of interactions between signaling pathways involved in development, the discovery of a new class of leukemia, and the development of new assays to track drug metabolism.
- Read more about DNA Analysis with GeneChip Technology
- Read more about Gene Expression Analysis with GeneChip Technology
For a short, but technical description of each of the arrays, please review the individual product page accessible via the Product Section.
Academic list prices are available online for select geographic regions to those who have registered as a member on affymetrix.com and are using a verified academic email address. Review academic pricing online.
Download an Affymetrix GeneChip® Instrument System sole source documents.
- Brochure, The GeneChip® System: An Integrated Solution for Expression and DNA Analysis (pdf, 228 KB)
- United States and Europe, English (pdf, 85 KB)
- Europe, French (pdf, 92 KB)
- Europe, German (pdf, 115 KB)
- Europe, Italian (pdf, 94 KB)
- Europe, Spanish (pdf, 96 KB)
For images of Affymetrix products, please reference the Image Library.
Grant Proposal Writing Tips
The following links provide helpful information for proposal preparation.
- All About Grants Tutorials from NIAID
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
- Preparing Grant Applications from NCI
- A brief description of the NIH peer review process from NIH CSR