Affymetrix® miRNA Array Strips
Affymetrix® miRNA Array Strips are powerful tools for studying the role of small non-coding RNA (miRNA, snoRNA, and scaRNA) and their importance in cancer and other diseases.
Many diseases, including cancer, are frequently described as diseases of disordered gene expression. It is estimated that more than 30% of protein translation of coding genes is regulated by miRNA. There is also a large amount of growing evidence suggesting miRNA interacts with long non-coding RNA in the signaling networks that regulate alternative splicing events, which impacts cellular processes such as apoptosis, proliferation, and differentiation – all of which have shown to be causative elements in diseases such as cancer.
Measuring the changes in these critical nodes of regulation is extremely important for deciphering the biological context of differentially expressed genes. This new array design is a powerful tool for studying the role of small non-coding RNAs and their involvement in a broad spectrum of developmental and physiological mechanisms.
To keep pace with the discovery of new and novel miRNA, Affymetrix is pleased to announce the release of the NEW Affymetrix® miRNA 4.1 Array Strips to our growing catalog of miRNA arrays. This new array offers updated content with the same high performance as the previous generation array.
Affymetrix' miRNA 4.1 Array Strips help bring you closer to biology with:
- Comprehensive coverage – Designed to interrogate all mature miRNA sequences in miRBase Release 20
- Easily correlate miRNA results – Analysis files contain host gene ID, predicted and validated miRNA target genes, and clustered miRNA information
- Easy analysis – Analyze human, mouse, rat, or every miRNA for all species using the same array
- Low sample input – Requires as little as 130 ng total RNA
- Simple, fast, and free analysis solution – Coupled with Affymetrix® Expression Console™ Software and Affymetrix® Transcriptome Analysis Console (TAC) Software, researchers have a complete solution from data to decision-making in minutes
|Performance specifications||miRNA 3.1 Array Strip||miRNA 4.1 Array Strip|
|Reproducibility (inter– and intra–lot)||≥0.95||≥0.95|
|Transcripts detected at 1.0 amol||≥85%||≥85%|
|Dynamic range||>3 logs||4 logs|
|Total RNA input||130–500 ng||130–500 ng|
|Array contents||miRNA 3.1 Array Strip||miRNA 4.1 Array Strip|
|Total mature miRNA probe sets||19,724||30,424|
|Probes/probe set for mature miRNA||9||9|
|Human mature miRNA||1,733||2,578|
|Mouse mature miRNA||1,111||1,255|
|Rat mature miRNA||680||728|
|Human snoRNA, CDBox RNA, H/ACA Box RNA and scaRNA||2,216||1,996|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.