Genome-Wide Human SNP Array 6.0
The SNP Array 6.0 demonstrates industry-leading performance and represents more genetic variation on a single array than any other product.
NEW: SNP 6 Core Reagent Kit
Advance your genotyping or copy number analysis studies with the SNP 6 Core Reagent Kit. It's easy to order, ready to use, and provides uncompromising performance. Learn more about the SNP 6 Core Reagent Kit >
Pure Power and Performance
The new Affymetrix Genome-Wide Human SNP Array 6.0 features 1.8 million genetic markers, including more than 906,600 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and more than 946,000 probes for the detection of copy number variation. The SNP Array 6.0 is the only platform with analysis tools to truly bridge copy number and association, including a new, high-resolution reference map and a copy number polymorphism (CNP) calling algorithm developed by the Broad Institute. The SNP Array 6.0 demonstrates industry-leading performance and represents more genetic variation on a single array than any other product, providing maximum panel power and the highest physical coverage of the genome.
The high price-performance value of the SNP Array 6.0 enables researchers to design association studies with larger sample sizes in the initial scan and replication phases, thereby significantly increasing the overall genetic power of their studies.
More than 906,600 SNPs:
- Unbiased selection of 482,000 SNPs; historical SNPs from the SNP Array 5.0
- Selection of additional 424,000 SNPs
- Tag SNPs
- SNPs from chromosomes X and Y
- Mitochondrial SNPs
- New SNPs added to the dbSNP database
- SNPs in recombination hotspots
More than 946,000 copy number probes:
- 202,000 probes targeting 5,677 CNV regions from the Toronto Database of Genomic Variants
- 744,000 probes, evenly spaced along the genome
- Detected 10 times more copy number changes than other SNP/CN platforms
- Three times more coverage of CNPs; only platform with non-polymorphic probes
- GTC 3.0 leverages new, high-resolution reference map and CNP calling algorithm developed by the Broad Institute
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Axiom® Human Genotyping Solution|
|Cytogenetics Whole-Genome 2.7M Array|