Human Mapping 10K 2.0 Array, Made to Order
This product is no longer available, please search for a replacement on thermofisher.com.
The GeneChip® Mapping 10K 2.0 Array contains equivalent content and performance as the original GeneChip® Mapping 10K Array.
The Mapping 10K Array and reagents are now made to order (MTO) products. As a result, please allow up to 10 weeks for your reagents and up to six weeks for the array.
The GeneChip® Human Mapping 10K Array Xba 142 2.0 (GeneChip® Mapping 10K 2.0 Array) enables researchers to genotype more than 10,000 SNPs in a single experiment with one primer. The GeneChip Mapping 10K 2.0 Array contains equivalent content and performance as the original GeneChip® Mapping 10K Array, but advances in photolithographic technology enable it to be produced in a smaller, more cost-efficient format.
The GeneChip® Mapping 100K Set has also been used for other applications, including population genetics, linkage disequilibrium analysis, and whole-genome association studies. The GeneChip® Mapping 500K Array Set provides more power to understand the genetic differences between individuals, and is the recommended product for these applications.
Features & Benefits
- Requires only 250 ng of genomic DNA per sample
- Easy-to-use, proven assay that has been validated in nearly 250 publications (pdf, 159 KB)
- 10,000 SNPs provide higher information content for better results
- Extensive SNP annotation in the NetAffx Analysis Center
- Export data in MERLIN- and GeneHunter-compatible formats
- Additional coverage on chromosomes 19 and X, as compared to the original Mapping 10K Array
- Linkage analysis: 10,000 SNPs provide more information for better results
- Find linkage regions missed by microsatellite analysis
- Cancer genetics: detect chromosomal amplification, deletion, and genotypes in a single experiment
- Population Genetics: measure allele frequency distributions between populations with thousands of markers
- Comparison of genome coverage between 10,204 SNPs on Mapping 10K 2.0 with 400 microsatellite markers
If you'd like to search for SNPs by genomic location, use the NetAffx Analysis Center's UCSC Genomic Query Tool
Instrument and Software Requirements
- GeneChip® Operating Software (GCOS)
- GeneChip® Genotyping Analysis Software (GTYPE)
- GeneChip® Fluidics Station 400 or Fluidics Station 450/250
- GeneChip® Hybridization Oven
- GeneChip® Scanner 3000
Affymetrix recommends upgrading to the latest technologies in order to best maximize your experiments. The 10k2 array is offered for historical research, while the 100K, 500K and SNP 6.0 arrays should be used for current research.
For more information, please review the data sheet (pdf, 217 KB).
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Safety Data Sheets
NetAffx Annotation Files
Archived NetAffx Annotation Files
|Axiom® Human Genotyping Solution|
|Genome-Wide Human SNP Array 6.0|
|Genome-Wide Human SNP Array 5.0, Made to Order|