Affymetrix® Expression Console Software
Expression Console Software supports Probe Set summarization and CHP file generation for 3' IVT expression arrays, whole-transcriptome arrays, and miRNA arrays.
Download Available below
Affymetrix Expression Console Software
Expression Console Software supports probe set summarization and CHP file generation for the following array types:
- 3' IVT
- Gene ST
- Exon ST
- miRNA (version 2.0 and higher)
- Human Transcriptome Array 2.0
The Expression Console workflow provides the user with a choice of the more commonly used probe set summarization algorithms. The algorithms offered include:
- MAS5 Statistical algorithm
- Probe Logarithmic Intensity Error Estimation (PLIER)
- Robust Multichip Analysis (RMA)
Additionally, GeneChip® data quality control is a key component to this workflow and is augmented by a variety of visualization and graphing tools provided by Expression Console Software.
For new users or those looking for convenience, the software provides an easy-to-use analysis workflow that enables CHP files to be generated from CEL files with minimal effort using a standardized approach specifically tailored by Affymetrix for each array type. Alternatively, more advanced users can configure the background correction, normalization and summarization methods to meet the needs of their experimental research.
Download information and instructions
Download the latest version of Expression Console, version 1.3.1 (64-bit | 32-bit). This version is supported on both Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and Windows 2008 Server (64-bit). * Posted on 04/19/2013
Expression Console Software is compatible with:
- GeneChip® Command Console® (AGCC) software as the primary probe set summarization tool. The integration of Expression Console and the AGCC software enables sample attribute information collected in the AGCC interface to be viewed in the Expression Console study window and used to guide the user's analysis and QC interpretations.
- GeneChip® Operating Software (GCOS) as an alternative probe set summarization choice, providing the user with a wider variety of new analysis and QC tools not currently available in GCOS. (Please note, CHP files created in Expression Console using either the PLIER or RMA summarization algorithms are not supported by the GCOS database).
- NEW-Transcriptome Analysis Console Software for visualization of expression changes at the gene and exon levels. The software package also provides the capability of performing alternative splicing analysis with GeneChip® Human Transcriptome Array 2.0.
- GeneChip-compatible Software Solutions catalog for a list to find the appropriate solution for downstream analysis of GeneChip data for your research.
- Standardized workflows for those looking for convenience for both gene-level and exon-level analysis
- Expanded gene-level configuration choices allowing experienced users to tailor analyses
- Selection of QC tools for evaluating the success of individual hybridizations
- Flagging of outlier samples based on user configurable QC metrics
- Simplified GUI for exon analysis
- Principle Component Analysis (PCA) using CEL intensities or CHP signal values
- Sample attribute editor for creating and editing sample attribute
- Seamless integration into Transcriptome Analysis Console
- Scatter plot of signal data (CHP), including thumbnails
For users of ExACT, Affymetrix® Expression Console will be replacing this application.
Expanded functionality is available in the Affymetrix Power Tools (APT).
"For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures."