RNase I catalyzes the hydrolysis of 3'→5' phosphodiester bonds of RNA with the formation of oligoribonucleotides terminating in pyrimidine 2'→3' cyclic phosphate. RNase I is a preparation of 70% RNase A and the remaining 30% is other isozymes of RNase.
Inhibitors: Ribonuclease inhibitor and vanadyl-ribonucleoside complexes.
Inactivation: 70°C for 15 min.
The enzyme is chromatographically purified and is tested for contaminating proteases.
Two mg of yeast RNA and ~10 μg of RNase I in 4.0 ml of 50mM acetate buffer (pH 5.0). The reaction is run at 25°C and the absorbance is measured at 300 nm.
One (Kunitz) unit is the amount of enzyme which catalyzes the hydrolysis of yeast RNA to yield a first order velocity constant of 1.0 at 25°C, pH 5.0(1).
Approximately 70 Kunitz units/mg
- ASUBEL, F. M., BRENT, R., KINGSTON, R. E., MOORE, D. D., SEIDMAN, J. G., SMITH, J. A. AND STRUHL, K. (1998) Current Protocols in Molecular Biology (John Wiley and Sons, Inc.).
- KALINTSKY, G., HUMMEL, J. P. AND DIERKS, C. (1959)J. Biol. Chem. 234, 1512-1516.
1. Removal of RNA from protein preparations(2).
2. Removal of RNA from DNA preps.
Shipped on dry ice. Store at -20°C.
Currently there are no materials to display for this product.
Currently there are no required/related products displayed for this product.